One of the early features of the village is the early Gothic church with Renaissance spire. This being a distinguishing characteristic of such churches, or other buildings makes it a curiosity in the Spiš area. The church was used for religious services until the 20th July 1708, when it was severely damaged by fire which destroyed the original spire. Subsequent renovation significantly changed the appearance of the church.
The interior of the church is mainly Baroque and the high altar built in 1964 in Baroque style has Renaissance features. Two side altars with paintings date from 1700-1720. Original carved benches date back to 1684 and the benches for patrons with border volute decorations, originate from 1764. Whilst the architectural style of the church is Gothic, the spire, after the fire in 1708, was not rebuilt in the original Gothic style, but rather in the style of Renaissance Spiš and was the last construction in this style. The building costs were 300 gold crowns in 1796. The last renovation to the church was done in 1869. In the 1950s, local priest, Ján Šefčík, replaced the old benches with new ones. The renovation costs to the high altar were very high.